Monday, December 3, 2012

How to tell if your hubby REALLY loves you...

This weekend I would say I really tested Mr.'s love. I mean really tested it. The test...

Step 1
Ask him if he will help you with a "project" even though he is on call this weekend. It's just a small project. When he asks what the project vaguely point to the back yard.

Step 2
Once in the backyard wrangle him to the barn, which you haven't bother to straighten up since you moved in.  Hand him a shovel and ask him to help you level a stall. 6 wheel barrels full of dirt later ask if he would like to take a break.

Step 3
Just when he thinks he is off the hook, hand him a bottle of bleach and ask him to help you bleach all the buckets and mats in the place.

Step 4
Try to look as sexy as possible in sweatpants and a tshirt with hay and poop and shavings all over you while asking if he will now help you set up one more stall and your feed room (if he whistles or smacks your booty he is passing the test).

Step 5
Once you are done, talk about how exhausted and achy you are even though he did most of the work. If he pulls you close (mud, hay and all) and kisses your forehead, he passed.

Being an equestrian is glamorous I tell ya, and I don't know what I would do without the hubs. I would have spent 3 days working in the barn instead of just one! I will say I always feel like a new person after barn work days. There is something so relaxing about getting so gross and working until you hurt. It's like I work out all my issues right there in the barn with the horses and then I get to come inside and stand in the shower and wash it all away. As cheesy as it sounds I feel like a new person afterwards.



Thank God for horses... and my amazing hubs.



No comments :