Wednesday, February 24, 2016

10 Bible Verses for when you are stressed


Let me start by saying I love where I am in life. I think right now, in this moment I am exactly where I am meant to be. I was terrified of becoming a mom. I had always been a free spirit and maybe a bit selfish. I didn't know if I could handle all the responsibility. I didn't know how I would handle someone being dependent on me 24/7.

I have to say, those fears were ridiculous. I have never been happier than I am now with my little one. I feel at peace in this role as "mama" but I will say there are definitely new stresses now as well. Fitting in time to pump, play time, snuggle time, basic baby care, basic mama care (showering, eating, getting dressed...), work, blogging, cooking, cleaning, a social life... wait, I have a social life? Barely.  Then I have to find time to be a wife, a daughter and a sister. Some days I feel like I am carrying a huge pile of porcelain plates and one wrong breath can send them all tumbling down.

I reached for my Bible to help alleviate some of my stress and I am sharing 10 Bible verses that calm me during stressful times, starting with my favorite.

1. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:34

2. "25And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span? 26 If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?  27Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. " ~ Luke 12:25-27

3. "Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, But a good word makes it glad" ~ Proverbs 12:25

4. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." ~ Philippians 4:6

5.  "Say to those with anxious heart, “Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; The recompense of God will come, But He will save you.” ~ Isaiah 35:4

6. "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

7. “ Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.” ~ Deuteronomy 7: 9

8. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” ~ Galatians 6: 9

9. “Be still and know that I am God.” ~ Psalm 46:10

10. "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. " ~56:3

Peace be with you.

No comments :