Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I AM getting stronger. I dont cry as much. I smile often

So when most of you read the lyrics of SARA EVANS STRONGER you think of a break up. Not me. I read these lyrics and they put the loss of papa and the whole grieving process into perspective. I DO still feel the sting of the pain, I sometimes have to FORCE the smile onto my face but everyday I get stronger. Songs on the radio remind me of him but I no longer cry and lose it when I hear them. It WONT EVER be the same but I am getting stronger. I still havent made it to the month without crying but I am getting stronger. *sigh* Sappy sad note i know but just had to get the feelings out before i Broke.

Woke up late today and I still feel the sting of the pain
But I brushed my teeth anyway
I got dressed through the mess and put a smile on my face
I got a little bit stronger
Riding in the car to work and I'm trying to ignore the hurt
So I turned on the radio, stupid song made me think of you
I listened to it for minute but I changed it
I'm getting a little bit stronger, just a little bit stronger
And I'm done hoping that we could work it out
I'm done with how it feels, spinning my wheels
Letting you drag my heart around
And, oh, I'm done thinking that you could ever change
I know my heart will never be the same
But I'm telling myself I'll be okay
Even on my weakest days
I get a little bit stronger
Doesn't happen overnight but you turn around
And a month's gone by and you realize you haven't cried
I'm not giving you a hour or a second or another minute longer
I'm busy getting stronger


No comments :