Thursday, March 7, 2013

Healthy Taco Salad



Lately my go to lunch has been a healthy version of a  taco salad. It's a super easy work lunch and it tastes amazing.


Ingredients:

Ground chicken 
Bell peppers 
The following are to taste... I like mine spicy so I put a lot of Red pepper flakes and chili podwer
Cumin
Garlic
Red pepper flakes
Parsley
Oregano
Black pepper
Chili powder

Brown the ground chicken with the spices and then throw in the bell peppers and sautee them. 

Then when I get to work I throw it all on a bed of lettuce with a corn tortilla cut into strips. Top it with a low fat cheese. (I use Weight Watcher jalepeno cheese sticks)

The whole lunch is 335 calories. Amazing!! It is so good and so filling. 

Let me know if you try it! 




1 comment :

Caroline Davies said...

Looks so good! I love taco salad, and anyting uner 500 calories is awesome!
New follower! Would love for you to visit my blog!

xo
Caroline

lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com