Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Feeling Helpless

If you are here for one of my humorous posts, I am sorry. I can't find humor or sass tonight. I just can't. I am disappointed and hurt and sad. 


One of our local animal shelters has failed us, failed the dogs. It is so hard for me to write this post. It forces me to think about those that lost their lives senselessly. 

Here is the story... Boggs Mountain Humane Society was a trusted "No kill shelter". People from all over knew of them. Animal rescuers trusted them. They claimed to have a no kill program. They claimed to want the best for the dogs. They claimed to take in strays and train them and find them loving homes. They lied. 

You see, They had this "Lucky Dog Program". If you had a dog that you couldn't keep you could pay $145 and they would put it in the program where it would be paired with a perfect home. Sounds great, right? Well, it would have been except that's not what happened. They were really keeping the dogs until they found some other desperate dog owner who wanted to re-home their dog and then they euthanized them. Then they would send a lovely little note saying " Hey, we found Fido a wonderful home!" LIES, LIES, LIES!!!!!

It is sick and twisted and I cannot comprehend how that director can call herself an animal lover. No honey, you are a greedy money lover. You see dollar signs and not the beautiful love these dogs want to offer. You don't deserve to even look at a dog, much less care for one. 

Sorry. I know that is vicious, but I just want to punch her in the face. I feel like the dogs need me, need my voice even more now. I am going to do all I can to see this doesn't happen again. I encourage all of you to keep an eye on your local rescues. If it doesn't seem right please, please blow the whistle. Don't let more of these monsters use the innocent dogs for their selfish benefit. 

Remember: If any of you want to adopt and need help choosing a rescue, feel free to contact me. 

This post is in loving memory of all the dogs who lost their lives at the hands of monsters. You were loved, There were people who wanted you. RIP.


No comments :