Monday, October 13, 2014

My Favorite Fall Recipe...

Fall is my favorite time of the year because of all the yummy food. Chili, caramel apples, soup, the list goes on. I am drooling now. 
My favorite recipe. The go to. The one that I crave when I am sick or when it is freezing. 
My mama's potato soup. 
 Fair warning- It is addicting and is in no way figure friendly. It is super easy to make though and that makes me super happy.  This makes a huge pot of it for lots of people. You can cut it down if you just want to serve one or two but I never do. I will literally eat this stuff for breakfast lunch and dinner for 3 days. I am obsessed. 
Here it is: 
You need... 
1 box Velveeta, 5lbs potatoes, 1 bag of the broccoli/cauliflower/carrots mixed, 1 large tub of sour cream and salt an pepper. 
Then... 
You boil the potatoes until they are just about done. DO NOT DRAIN THEM. You need the broth. Add the box of Velveeta  and the veggies and the sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve. Heaven in a bowl folks! 
That is it. That is all you do and then you get Heaven in a bowl. You are welcome. And no I do not have a picture because I devour it every time I make it. Next time I will remember. 

          Helene in Between Blogtober

3 comments :

Helene in Between said...

ooh i love potato soup! yum!

Charlotte Smart said...

Sounds good, my mum makes baked potato soup and I love it. It's such a warming meal :)
http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

XO Kerry said...

This sounds strange and delicious at the same time!! I've never been much of a soup eater. But sour cream and Velveeta together? Yes, please!